Facebook provides the perfect way for you to share your services, post photos of your unique nail art or create contests or giveaways to promote brand loyalty and spread awareness of your brand.
In today’s Facebook era, it is rare that you would find a customer who isn’t a member of the social media site. Therefore, it is the perfect medium to communicate with customers. The following are tips for marketing your salon on Facebook:
- Write relevant posts that engage consumers – Write posts that customers want to respond to and will enjoy giving their opinion on. An example of this would be to ask questions like “Summer has officially begun! What will be your summer hair cut of choice?” This type of conversation starter is relevant, personalized, and something that majority of salon-goers would enjoy discussing.
- Post pictures, and lots of them! – One of the best ways businesses can use Facebook is as a visual medium. Your salon should be showcasing the work that it is most proud of. Whether that be fun holiday-themed manicures or gorgeous bridal party hairstyles, pictures provide an outlet to show what you can do. As a bonus, pictures are engaged with more than text-only posts, in fact 120% more , therefore these can also help to bring new referrals through your front doors as your current customers share the photo with their own personal networks.
- Treat your Facebook Page as a miniature website – When customers arrive on your Facebook page they should be able to find all of the information they may be looking for. Use the various Facebook tabs to show your salon locations, services, photos and reviews.
- Engage customers through Facebook contests and giveaways – In general, people love free stuff. Whether that be a $50 gift card to your beauty salon or a discount on a beauty package for Mother’s day as seen in the picture below, your customers will love the ease of being able to enter or receive the promotion while on Facebook. Also, they will likely comment on the contest page post or share it to their own Facebook friends, creating more awareness for your business.
- Provide Facebook Fans with exclusive deals – When Liking a business on Facebook, customers like to feel as though they’re getting something special in return. You can entice them to like you on Facebook by offering 10% off their next visit or by sharing the Page on Facebook to receive a gift with their next purchase. In addition, you can provide discounts to Facebook Fans which are only redeemable by mentioning the specific Facebook Ad, as seen in the example below. By knowing that these offers are only to Facebook Fans, customers will want to follow your Page more closely and will likely tell their friends when they do score an exclusive deal.
- Target your Ads – Use Facebook Ads to their full ability through targeting. You may want to only target people located close to your salon, or those who like related Facebook Pages. An example would be those who like Aveda Canada who would likely want to try your nearby hair salon that uses Aveda products.